Feb 27 — 12 pm
1) It happened at noon yesterday at the SE corner of Lansdowne and Dundas. He was dragged 3 feet beneath the car. And he was riding his bike “home” following his court hearing (more about which later).
2) Tony’s mangled bike is being held at 14 Division. “That bike saved my ass.”
3) The scene was witnessed by several firefighters from firefighters (from 426 Division), who — incredibly — happened to be driving their truck right behind the car that hit Tony. “As far as I’m concerned, the guys from 426 are the best in the city.”
4) Tony’s left leg has very severe bruising and ligament damage (at minimum). “The pain is bad. It’s from my ass to my ankle. I’m on Tylenol 3’s and I need to get working on a place to sleep until my leg gets better. Plus I need a smoke.”
5) His out-of-pocket costs arising from the accident: $85 for the leg brace (to be paid this week); $20 for the crutches (payable today); $25 prescription (also payable today).